How can you blog about juice without talking about green juice? Of all the juices, this is the one I feel best about drinking. This recipe is a rough guideline, as I tend to throw in whatever I have on hand.
I usually make my green juice in a quantity that will last me 2 or 3 days. I knoooooow juice is best consumer immediately, but my juicer claims I have 72 hours, and I'm really too lazy to juice this one every day...though happy to drink it every day.
Sometimes this juice is my lunch, and sometimes its just an accompaniment or snack. I guess I'm just saying it has the potential to be meal worthy.
I usually water down my portions of juice, both to stretch is out a bit longer, and because it's a very concentrated concoction, so sneaking in some water to dilute it doesn't hurt.
- 2 carrots
- 2 green apples
- 2 kiwis
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 2-3 handfuls of spinach
- a small bunch of kale or swiss chard, or any green really
- 2-3 leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1 lemon
- a nub of ginger, peeled (suit your tastes)
- water to dilute (optional)
1. Pass everything through your juicer, alternative between soft (kiwi) and hard (leafy greens) produce.