These are awfully delicious, and the flavour is surprisingly donut like, especially when they're rolled in cinnamon—my favourite.
Raw Dough-Nots(makes about twenty-four 20 gram balls; adapted from Rawdorable)
- 130 grams fresh nut pulp (about the amount leftover from one batch of Almond Milk or Hazelnut Milk)
- 68 grams raw pecans
- 1 vanilla bean, chopped or 2.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp course sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 105 grams banana sugar (see below)
- 200 grams Medjool dates, chopped
1. Process nut pulp and pecans in a food processor until pecans are finely chopped.
2. Add vanilla, spices and salt and process until incorporated.
3. While processor is running, slowly add banana sugar and chopped dates. Process until a dough forms and everything is thoroughly mixed.
4. Scale dough into 20 gram pieces, if uniform size is desired. Roll into balls and dust with desired coating—I used shredded coconut, raw cacao and cinnamon, the latter being my favourite.
5. Store in refrigerator.
- bananas (3-4 are needed for the dough-nots)
1. Make banana chips by thinly slicing and dehydrating bananas for about 8 hours, or until thoroughly dried.
2. Freeze banana chips.
3. Grind the frozen banana chips into a powder using a coffee grinder. Do this quickly, as the bananas become sticky as they thaw. If you do it in stages (as I had to), store unground banana chips in the freezer.
4. Store banana sugar in freezer until ready to use.