A problem I have with a lot of prepared raw food is that it's often heavy on the nuts. I love nuts, very much, but my stomach reacts negatively when I eat large quantities of them. So, I've been looking for more vegetable based meal ideas.
How convenient that guacamole is already raw. The green apple is my absolute favourite part of this recipe. I find that avocado can get overwhelming, but the texture of the apple and tomato help break up whatever it is about avocado that I find to be too much. Eating it with Raw Corn Chips also helps.
Green Apple Guacamole
(Serves 4 generously; adapted from The Nerd's Wife)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped—membrane and seeds removed
- salt and pepper to taste
1. By hand or in a food processor, mash together avocados, cilantro, lime, and jalapeno pepper, to desired consistency.
2. Mix in apple and tomato. Season with salt and pepper.