C'mon winter...end! I am somewhat afraid of the cold, and I feel a direct correlation between my sense of independence and the thermometer.
This is the drink I have every morning before braving the cold winter air. I usually use less maple syrup than I indicate, as I am trying to cut down on added sugars as much as I can. However, when I make this for others, this is the amount I use. It's basically a repeat of a recipe I have already posted—Milky Morning Tea—but with pictures and stripped to the absolute basics. I look forward to it every morning, and think it might be a sweet drink for Valentine's Day.
(fills my giant mug...or 2 normal sized mugs)
- 20 grams (1 Tbsp) maple syrup, or to suit your taste
- 1 Tbs Chai (or any spiced tea you have available—1 bag would probably do)
- 8 oz hot water
- 8 oz milk
1. Steep tea for about 5 minutes in water (or to desired strength)—remove infuser and combine tea with milk in a small saucepan.
2. Heat over medium heat until desired temperature is reached.
3. Measure maple syrup into mugs and pour in hot tea/milk mixture. Stir & serve.