Another long absence, woops! But the move to Nelson is complete, more or less, and I don't plan to move cities again for quite a while. All the basic needs have been met (apartment, job, etc)...now I just need friends and to find time for more fun and activities (like blogging!).
While I was traveling between provinces and homes, I drank a lot of smoothies. I was introduced to the combination of green apple and parsley, and became obsessed. Because A, it is delicious, and B, parsley is has a lot of nutritional good in it.
I make this smoothie daily lately, so I tried to keep it more green and less sweet. Not a dessert smoothie, although there is a lot of fruit in it. Since there's so much in season, I've been making a lot of fruit swaps lately (blueberries for strawberries, peaches for mango...), but this is less about the exact smoothie recipe, and more about how I think parsley is great in sweet drinks.
(makes 1 large or 2 modest servings)
- 140 grams frozen mango (or peaches)
- 90 grams/1 small green apple (I've been wanting to try juiced green apple)
- 60 grams frozen strawberries or blueberries
- 30 grams spinach
- 30 grams parsley
- 250 grams water, or there abouts
- 1 tsp ground flax or chia seed (optional)
- 1/4 tsp chlorella or spirulina powder (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.